Joel D. Kershaw
Joel D. Kershaw has been practicing law since 2007 and has maintained his office in Monroe County since 2009. He has been a resident of Monroe County since 2006 and lives in Carleton. He is a lifelong resident of Southeastern Michigan.
Joel is a 1995 graduate of Wayne Memorial High School in Wayne, Michigan, and he completed his undergraduate degree at the Western Michigan University in 2000. He graduated cum laude from Ave Maria School of Law in 2007, where he served as an editor for the Law Review. He is an active member of the Carleton Rotary Club, where he served as club President from 2013 to 2014 and from 2017 to 2018. He is involved at Oaks of Righteousness Christian Ministries. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Simpson Park Camp Meeting Association.
Joel is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, Monroe County Bar Association, and the Monroe County Criminal Defense Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in the courts of the State of Michigan and in the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. He represents clients in criminal matters in trial courts and appellate courts throughout the State of Michigan. He also represents clients in family and civil matters in the appellate courts.
Attorney Joel D. Kershaw believes that it is important to help clients consider both their current needs and desires, as well as their future concerns. He is committed to listening to his clients to get to know each client's unique goals and educating clients about what steps will best help them to achieve those objectives. Joel is available to answer any of your questions.
Areas Of Practice
- Felony Appeals
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Michigan, 2007
- Ave Maria School of Law, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: President, Ave Maria Criminal Justice Society
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Major: Elementary Education
- Major: Spanish
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Member, 2007 to Present
- Monroe County Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- Monroe County Criminal Defense Bar Association, Member, Present
- American Bar Association, Member, Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Services of South Central Michigan Pro Bono Referrals, 2014 to Present